With the failures of the obama administration, the gulf spill debacle and the blatant racist agenda being pushed by obama, holder and co., it seems clear that obama will cost the democrats control of the house in the upcoming elections. While the repubicans mght not take the senate, they will remove all take of a 60-vote supermajority for the democrats.
There is no doubt that the democrats launched specious investigations into the bush administration to weaken and defame his presidency. But the republicans should not respond in kind. There is much to investigate regarding obama without sideshows like the totally legal firing of us attorneys by bush.
Here's a hit list of much-needed congressional investigations which should be begun as soon as republicans take back congress.
1. First and foremost, obama's eligibility for the office must be equivocally determined. In the 21st century, there is absolutely no excuse for obama to be stonewalling and refusing to release basic documents like his original birth certificate and school records.
2. The possibly illegal offering of jobs to influence democratic primaries.
3. holder and obama's reported racial bias in prosecuting hate crimes and electoral abuses. This includes acorn and the black panthers.
4. obama seemed to cede the early response to the oil spill to bp, without taking any responsibility and leadership. Even months later, his lack of accountability is glaring. Since bp was a huge contributor to obama and the democrats, congress should investigate whether their donations influenced obama's reaction to the oil spill.
5. Reports are coming out that the media conspired to smear obama's critics and hide obama's past and his political agenda. The freedom of the press has a contingent principle -- the responsibility of the press. If the fourth estate abandoned their role and became active propagandists for obama, that story must be told to the american people.
These issues are crucial to america's political survival and must not be left for historians to decide. congress must begin these investigations immediately after being sworn in -- and persons who violated the law or the trust of the american people must be exposed and brought to justice.